Alvis TA 14 special, 1950
Hide slides
Aktualisiert: 16-September-2019 11:10

Alvis TA 14 special, 1950

Motorsound
Fahr Sound
Informationen
Model information
Make history

Alvis TA14 Special, Jahr 1950. Farbe dunkelrot mit einem schwarzen Leder-Interieur und schwarzen Speichenrädern. Diese fantastische Alvis 'Fourteen Special' wurde vor Jahrzehnten von dem Niederlandischem Mr. Alvis gebaut. Im Jahr 2013 wurde das Auto auseinander genommen von Altena Classic Service und wurden einige Verfeinerungen durchgeführt. Die Karosserie wurde eine schonere neue Form gegeben und zugeschnitten um Brooklands-Renn scheiben zu montieren. Die Karosserie wurde anschliessend satin rotbraun rot lackiert. Das Auto ist in sehr gutem Zustand und das Auto ist eine wahre Freude zu fahren!

ARCHIV | VERKAUFT

Alvis was founded by Thomas George John and G.P. de Freville. The first cars built under the Alvis name were manufactured in 1920, and the last Alvis (sports) cars came out of the factory in Coventry 47 years later. The ending of the brand name Alvis was sealed when it was incorporated into the British Leyland concern, where it became part of Rover.

The Alvis cars were of great quality and workmanship and were very fast as well. As for their cars, many parts were designed and manufactured by Alvis’ own staff, and production was small-scaled and exclusive.

In the 1920s, Alvis was the first British car model to experiment with four-wheel drive. In fact, in 1925, they even manufactured sports and racing cars equipped with front-wheel drive, which had also been fitted with an overhead camshaft.

After world war 2 a slightly modified version of the Alvis 12/70 was reintroduced and it was named the 'Fourteen'. Alvis produced 3213 TA 14 chassis of which  487 are known to survive.

Technical data*

Four cylinder in-line engine
cylinder capacity: 1892 cc.
carburettors: 1 x SU
capacity: 65 bhp at 4000 rpm.
top-speed: 74 mph. - 118,5 km/h.
gearbox: 4-speed, manual
weight: 17,5 cwt - 889 kg. (chassis) /  28 cwt -1422 kg. (saloon)

*Bron: The Story of the Red Triangle

Alvis history

Alvis was founded by Thomas George John and G.P. de Freville. The first cars built under the Alvis name were manufactured in 1920, and the last Alvis (sports) cars came out of the factory in Coventry 47 years later. The ending of the brand name Alvis was sealed when it was incorporated into the British Leyland concern, where it became part of Rover.

The Alvis cars were of great quality and workmanship and were very fast as well. As for their cars, many parts were designed and manufactured by Alvis’ own staff, and production was small-scaled and exclusive. In the 1920s, Alvis was the first British car model to experiment with four-wheel drive. In fact, in 1925, they even manufactured sports and racing cars equipped with front-wheel drive, which had also been fitted with an overhead camshaft.

© Marc Vorgers

 

Altena Classic Service
Kontakt
Adresse
Strassenkarte
Telefon: +31 (0)524 561 122
De Vaart 23
7784 DK Gramsbergen
Niederlande