Alvis 12/70 special, 1940
Alvis 12/70 Special, Jahr 1940. Farbe blau mit einem roten Lederausstattung. Diese Alvis wurde aufwändig restauriert und mit einer speziellen Aluminium-Karosserie versehen im Jahr 2005. Das Auto kommt aus einer Sammlung und das Auto ist in gutem bis sehr gutem Zustand! Diese Alvis Special ist gut dokumentiert, historische Dokumente, Rechnungen und natürlich eine Reportage der Restaurierung sind vorhanden. Dies ist eine herrliche Vintage Special; einfach, robust und männlich.
ARCHIV | VERKAUFT
741 cars built, 121 cars known to survive.
four cylinder in-line engine
cylinder capacity: 1842 cc.
carburettors: 2 x SU
capacity: 62,5 bhp. at 4000 rpm.
top-speed: approx. 130 km/h.
gearbox: 4-speed manual
brakes: cable operated vented drum brakes
Alvis was founded by Thomas George John and G.P. de Freville. The first cars built under the Alvis name were manufactured in 1920, and the last Alvis (sports) cars came out of the factory in Coventry 47 years later. The ending of the brand name Alvis was sealed when it was incorporated into the British Leyland concern, where it became part of Rover.
The Alvis cars were of great quality and workmanship and were very fast as well. As for their cars, many parts were designed and manufactured by Alvis’ own staff, and production was small-scaled and exclusive. In the 1920s, Alvis was the first British car model to experiment with four-wheel drive. In fact, in 1925, they even manufactured sports and racing cars equipped with front-wheel drive, which had also been fitted with an overhead camshaft.
© Marc Vorgers