MG SA saloon, 1937
Hide slides
Aktualisiert: 15-July-2024 14:47

MG SA saloon, 1937

Informationen
Model information
Make history

MG SA Limousine, Jahr 1937. Farbe zweifarbig grün kombiniert mit einer beigen Lederausstattung mit grünem Teppich und hellbraunem Dachhimmel. Silber lackierte Speichenräder mit Blockley 5,50 x 18-Zoll-Reifen. Dieser fabelhafte MG SA wurde im Vereinigten Königreich mit der Registrierung MG5441 neu verkauft. Das originale UK-Zulassungsbuch ist immer noch mit dem Auto, ebenso wie die originale Bedienungsanleitung und Broschüre! Dieser wunderschöne MG SA wurde in den letzten Jahren nach einer KOMPLETT-Restaurierung und Überholung von einem britischen Spezialisten fertiggestellt. Es wurden weder Kosten noch Mühen gescheut, um Perfektion zu erreichen, der Verkaufspreis liegt weit unter den Kosten der Restaurierung. Diese MG SA-Limousine befindet sich in einem hervorragenden Top-Zustand. Wir sind uns sicher, dass Sie kein schöneres restauriertes Exemplar finden werden! Die MG SA „Sportlimousine“ wurde von MG eingeführt, um mit SS-Autos (später Jaguar) und sogar Bentley (den Rolls Royce „Derby“-Modellen) mithalten zu können. Insgesamt wurden von diesem exklusiven MG von 1936 bis 1939 nur 2739 Exemplare gebaut. Der MG SA verfügt über hydraulisch betätigte Trommelbremsen und ein ganz besonderes hydraulisches „Jackall“-Wagenheber System, das immer noch (oder wieder) an diesem Auto funktioniert! Diese MG SA Limousine wurde perfekt restauriert und zeigt alle Originaldetails. Sogar das Innere wurde sorgfältig bis zur Perfektion restauriert, es wird Stunden dauern, bis Sie alle Details studiert haben. Sehr schön ist der Sonnenschutz in der Heckscheibe, der per Kabel vom Fahrersitz aus bedient werden kann. Dieser seltene MG wird mit einer vollständigen Historienakte und den Originalbroschüren geliefert. Dieser MG SA ist ein toller Fund für den MG-Sammler und -Enthusiasten. Dieses wunderbare Automobil kann in jedes Land weltweit exportiert und dort zugelassen werden.

ARCHIV | VERKAUFT

Technical data*:

Engine: 6 cylinder in-line engine
cylinder capacity: 2288 cc
carburettor(s): 2 S.U.
capacity: 80 pk bij 4200 rpm
top-speed: 130 km/h - 81 mph
gearbox: 4-speed, manual
brakes: drum brakes around
weight: 1511 kg.

* Source: The Complete Catalog of British Cars 1895 - 1975
 Culshaw & Horrobin

MG history

MG (Morris Garage) was set up by William Morris in the year 1923 to market a more sporty line of Morris models. Morris Production Manager, Cecil Kimber, was transferred from the factory in Cowley to Morris Garages (in Abington) to design MG's using Morris parts. MG production in Abingdon started in the year 1924. At the end of the 1930s, even normal passenger cars were introduced under the MG label.
The business flourished when in 1945, just after World War II, the sporty prewar MG TB and its successor the TC stole the hearts of the American soldiers. Numerous MGs were shipped to America where this type of motorcar was yet unknown.
Demand for the MG sports cars quickly rose in America, and most of the MGs were sold across the big pond in the years that followed. MGs were simple and well-built, affordable and easy to maintain. In 1952, Austin Motor Corporation merged with Morris Motors to form British Motor Corporation Ltd*.
In 1955, the pre-war TB and the post-war TC, TD and TF series with their pre-war designs were followed by the MG A roadster, which also became available as coupes after 1956.
In 1962, the successful MG A was followed by the even more successful and austerely but elegantly lined MG B. This series, too, mainly found its way to America. The MG B was available as roadster and as a 2+2 coupe, called the ‘GT’.
As British Motor* had stopped the production of the Austin Healey, there was again the need for a six-cylinder sports car from this stable, which made the MG C see the light of day in 1967. It was an MG B with a six-cylinder engine. However, this car failed to live up to expectations as its road-holding and character were not of Healey’s caliber. Eventually, Healey’s successor was to come from the newly merged British Leyland* stable in 1968, and was called the Triumph TR6.
In 1973, a V8 variant of the MG B came onto the market: the MGB V8. This model had a powerful Rover 3.5 litre V8 motor and was to be built until 1976.

The MG B roadster and the GT were sold until 1980, and, under pressure from American legislation, were adapted with safety-enhancing and emission-reducing conversions during their last five production years. The resultant thick rubber bumpers and less powerful engines made these cars much less attractive. Meanwhile, Japan produced the Datsun 240 Z, and put an end to the British sports car hegemony in America.

In 1980, it was curtains for MG B. In the years after, some Austins did appear, ‘dressed up’ as MGs but we’d rather forget about them. Finally, in the 1990s, a worthy successor emerged in the form of the MG F, which is available to this day.
In the year 2001 BMW decided to get rid of Rover because they were losing lots of money because the British pound was too expensive as was manufacturing cars in England.
A group of investors bought Rover. They took over the entire model line and were able to work out the last details on the Rover 75 Tourer and market it. Next idea was to give MG a true rebirth; various Rover models were technically re-engineered, tuned and spiced up to make thru drivers cars of them, a sporty line of cars alongside the Rover middle-class luxury line.
Looking at the Rover/ MG cars and reading about them in the press we can tell that we have high expectations of the MG models to appear in the future.

© Marc Vorgers 

British Leyland*
1968-75: BRITISH LEYLAND MOTOR CORPORATION, LTD
1975-78: BRITISH LEYLAND LIMITED
(in the merger of BRITISH MOTOR HOLDINGS with Austin-Morris and Jaguar interests in 1966)
and LEYLAND MOTOR CORP. LTD.
partly nationalized by the British government in 1975

Altena Classic Service
Kontakt
Adresse
Strassenkarte
Telefon: +31 (0)524 561 122
De Vaart 23
7784 DK Gramsbergen
Niederlande